This appointment takes 45 minutes.
- No CAFFEINE for 24 hours before the test.
- Bring comfortable walking shoes or sneakers.
- Eat a light breakfast or light lunch depending on the time of your appointment.
- Please bring all your medications or a current list of your medications.
- Check with your Family Doctor about stopping beta-blockers 48 hours before testing.
- Check with your Family Doctor about stopping Diltiazem or Verapamil 48 hours before testing.
- You must not take oral nitrates or apply topical nitrates on the day of the test.
- Diabetics have their normal diet and medications (except oral or topical nitrates).
- Patients undergoing Dobutamine stress testing will need a driver to return home.